Have to attend a really important conference in 2018? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right place. Here is a brief guide about promoting your business and boosting your sales in 2018:
Six Months Before the Conference
- Set your goals for the conference.
- Develop an overall format.
- Design the duties of the coordinators.
- Get in touch with experienced coordinators and see if they can help you out.
- Delegate tasks to people you know you can rely on.
Have a Workshop Notebook
Create a checklist so that it is easy for you to manage things.
- Include copies of workshop correspondence
- Include program agenda and presentations
Know Details about the Venue, Date and Time
- Make sure that you communicate all the details of the conference to the people who will attend it.
- Know the starting and ending time of the conference.
- If you are picking the site, make sure it is accessible.
- Make transportation arrangements for all the participants.
Sort Out All the Finances
- Sort out the registration fee.
- Know how much you will have to pay for rent, food and multimedia.
- Know the ways through which you will be promoting your brand at a conference (informational packets, posters, flyers etc.).
- See if you can get any donations.
- Find out the sales incentive programs that work in promoting your business.
Three Months Before the Conference
Have an Agenda with You
- Have a plan for all the sessions that you will be having in the conference.
- Make the schedule for the conference.
- Know about the speakers who will speak in the conference.
- See if the speakers are charging a fee.
- Do the transportation arrangements for the speakers.
- Create sheets for registration, presentations, as well as the transportation.
- Finalise all the activities that will be done during the conference.
Two Months Before the Conference
- Send the relevant material to all the people who will attend the conference.
- Finalise sponsors for the event.
One Month Before the Conference
- Have a list of all the people that will attend the conference.
- Finalise the food and hotel arrangements.
- Finalise the transportation.
- Get all the materials that will be needed for the conference.
One to Two Weeks Before the Conference
- Print out the final program for the conference.
- Create the labels for all the attendees.
- Find volunteers.
- Hire a photographer for the event.
- Make goody bags for the conference.
One Day Before the Conference
- Go to the venue and store all the materials you would need the next day.
Day of Conference
- Place the registration table and make sure that one person is present there during all times.
Create a separate evaluation form for all the sessions that will take place.