Autoshred is a company located in Florida that shreds documents. You might ask why shreds documents? It is quite simple, private information is contained on most documents. And there are laws about many types of information that you are responsible for. Here are some examples:
- Doctor’s offices – medical records
- Private businesses – bank statements, business contracts, other strategic documents
This is also a defense against business espionage. This is when professionals go through a business’ trash to get information on the business or the clients of the business and it has been shown that trash is the single most available source for private information. When any of this type of data ends up in a dumpster, it legally becomes available to anyone who retrieves it. This is when your business needs the services of Autoshred Florida.
Growing fraud of business espionage
Business espionage is reported to be the form of fraud that is growing the most. It can threaten a business’ security and reputation, as well as personal data for credit. Autoshred Florida is the best way for businesses in Florida to get rid of this private trash.
Autoshred’s document shredding services make certain that you comply with the law. Legislation on the federal and state level dictates that documents with consumer information has to have secure disposal.
Some of these laws include:
- “Disposing of Consumer Report Information” – New Rules Tell How.
- “The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) of 1999”involves financial and banking institutions across the United States to protect the confidentiality and security of all consumer data.
- “The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1995” necessitate that healthcare organizations across the United States be accountable for the safeautomated transmission of patient data and the secure disposal of that information.
Autoshred offers an assortment of options for their service for any business. You may select shredding options from:
This is based on your volume and agreement requirement.
Understand these laws
Autoshred understand that businesses generate and accumulate confidential and sensitive data and documents. Properly managing, collecting and efficiently taking care of this information is now required by privacy regulations and laws.